Coconut water is the liquid that comes from unripe coconuts. When the coconut ripens, the coconut water becomes part of the white flesh that is used to make coconut milk. So when looking at reasons why coconut water is good for you, it is important that you do not confuse coconut water with coconut milk. In terms of health goodness, coconut water is second to only water. It is extremely low in calories and packs a nutritional punch. It is chock full of calcium and minerals, has more electrolytes than packaged sports drinks and has more potassium than a banana. And these reasons are in addition to the list of the 10 reasons why coconut water is good for you.
10 Reasons Why Coconut Water is Good For You
- It has absolutely no cholesterol – this is in addition to being a low-calorie drink.
- Coconut water is identical to blood plasma. In World War II and even today in very rare cases in countries, coconut water has saved lives by being used as an intravenous hydration fluid instead of the standard IV fluid.
- Despite being naturally sweet, it is extremely low in sugars.
- It is low in sodium compared to energy drinks and high in chloride compared to sports drinks.
- Regulates and controls the body’s temperature and boosts the immune system.
- It boosts your metabolism, which is an important step in a person’s weight loss process.
- It is a natural isotonic beverage i.e. is the perfect drink to rehydrate your body and replenish lost electrolytes.
- It cleanses and settles the digestive tract by actively killing intestinal worms that makes for easier digestion and less chances of digetsive illnesses.
- Coconut water controls vomiting making it extremely important for those suffering from ailments that cause vomiting like typhoid, malaria or fevers.
- In case you haven’t noticed a distinct connection between the last few benefits – coconut water is an excellent drink for hangovers.
Needless to say, no matter who argues how much, there is always going to be a difference between natural coconut water that comes straight out of the coconut and natural coconut water that comes out of a bottle or a carton. If you’re looking to lead a healthy lifestyle, you should always be on the lookout for natural healthy foods – this time round, we’ve given you 10 reasons why coconut water is good for you and therefore 10 reasons why you should not drink coconut water only when you’re at the beach.